Curing The Incurable
Healthy life expectancy (HALE) is the number of years lived in full health, as defined by World Health Organization (WHO).
World health statistics reports, Global life expectancy increased by 5.5 years to 72.0 years between 2000 and 2016. Is it really a good news or bad can be debated. Although we are able to increase the number of years through modern medicines but we are unable to reduce the stress from life of these people. This leads to more diseases, depression and mental suffering.
In my previous blog, I discussed about Top Five Incurable Diseases in the World as identified by WHO. Let us now try to understand the root-cause of all these diseases and how can we prevent such diseases.
What are the CAUSES of these deadly diseases?
- Ischemic means that an organ (e.g., the heart) is not getting enough blood and oxygen. Ischemic heart disease, also called coronary heart disease (CHD) or coronary artery disease, is the term given to heart problems caused by narrowed heart (coronary) arteries that supply blood to the heart muscle.
- Stroke is a disease that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. It is the leading cause of disability. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts (or ruptures).
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is an umbrella term used to describe progressive lung diseases including emphysema, chronic bronchitis, and refractory (non-reversible) asthma. This disease is characterized by increasing breathlessness.
- Acute lower respiratory infections include pneumonia (infection of the lung alveoli), as well as infections affecting the airways such as acute bronchitis and bronchiolitis, influenza and whooping cough. They are a leading cause of illness and death in children and adults across the world.
- Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive disorder that causes brain cells to degenerate and die. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia — a continuous decline in thinking, behavioral and social skills that disrupts a person’s ability to function independently.
If you read closely, I have highlighted the root cause of each disease as identified by medical system. A simple Google search can give you further details. How many of us are actually working on the root cause to prevent such diseases?
Diseases do not occur overnight, it takes years of ignorance for chronic diseases to manifest.
Yoga is a proven science for prevention and cure of all disorders. It has been recognized internationally. The techniques of ancient Classical Yoga primarily focuses on increasing the oxygen levels and ensuring smooth circulation of blood in our body systems. It further advocates living a lifestyle which promotes mental peace and harmony.
Indeed Prevention is better than Cure. What do you think? Share your thoughts and ideas which may help someone save a life.